CBD topicals include creams, lotions, serums, soaps, salves, and ointments made with top-quality ingredients and infused with the healing properties of CBD oil. Browse our selection of CBD creams, salves, lotions, and other products for the skin that will help you nurse your skin back to health, allowing you to naturally deal with chronic skin conditions. Additionally, if you’re suffering from muscle or joint pains, our CBD creams and salves will provide instant and long-lasting relief!
The Ultimate Guide to Hemp CBD Topicals, Balms, and Lotions
CBD-infused products are the talk of the town right now, with millions using them to treat various health symptoms. If you suffer from anything from anxiety and depression to joint pain and psoriasis, there’s a good chance that CBD will help you manage your symptoms naturally and without any serious contraindications. For these last two conditions, experts recommend using CBD creams for pain and topicals, such as balms, lotions and soaps. This is because they act immediately and target the very source of pain or discomfort – sore muscles, skin conditions, or achy joints.
What Are CBD Topicals?
CBD topicals are lotions, gels, balms and creams that are infused with hemp oil CBD in order to create skin-friendly products that have an active component that is actually effective in treating pain and inflammation.
To fully understand how CBD topicals work, you need to know a bit more about CBD itself, as well as other CBD products.
CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is one of many cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant (both marijuana and hemp are from the cannabis genus – in this case, we’re talking about hemp CBD). CBD has the ability to interact with endocannabinoid receptors in our bodies, which in turn regulate nearly every bodily function, from higher brain functions and digestion to pain perception and healthy skin presentation.
Unlike other CBD products such as tinctures or tablets, CBD topicals bypass our digestion system, which means that no amount of active matter is lost to liver metabolization (which reduces the amount of CBD that actually reaches the endocannabinoid system). For that reason, CBD topicals tend to act faster and more thoroughly when it comes to treating skin conditions, muscle and joint pain, and similar. This makes CBD topicals an ideal solution for long-term relief from localized symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Topicals?
Because the endocannabinoid system is connected to every other system in our bodies, imbalances often lead to various health problems. Some of these problems could result in numerous skin conditions, including dermatitis, psoriasis, and even skin cancer. If you’re prone to skin issues, supplementing the endocannabinoid system with a CBD hemp oil salves, lotions, and topical product could help maintain healthy skin function.
CBD has been found to reduce discomfort, calm irritation, and help with inflammation. Here are some of the more common conditions that could benefit from treatment with our CBD creams for pain and skin conditions.
- Pain and skin inflammation – CBD has analgesic, neuroprotective, and antispasmodic properties, which makes it perfectly suited to alleviate symptoms of numerous chronic pain conditions. Whether discomfort is caused by an intense workout or the effects of a chronic health condition, CBD oil is shown to work as effectively as many prescription and over-the-counter medications designed to alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Chronic skin conditions – research suggests that CBD will often act like lipids found in healthy skin, reduce inflammation, and it will help it grow new and healthy cells. People have had great success when it comes to treating numerous chronic skin conditions with CBD topicals – allergic dermatitis, sunburn, skin itching, seborrhea, eczema, psoriasis, and more.
- Acne and oil overproduction – topical CBD products are shown to be quite beneficial for those living with acne-prone skin. CBD is believed to help with severity of these conditions, and often reduces frequency of skin breakouts by regulation oil production and minimizing inflammation. The antimicrobial properties of cannabidiol (CBD) also limit the growth of certain bacteria that can leave unwanted consequences for the skin.
- Skin aging – according to available research, CBD could protect skin from environmental hazards, as well as slow the signs of aging. Through improving the production of skin cells, acting like natural lipids, balancing oil production to minimize dryness, and minimizing collagen loss, CBD oils can make a real difference in keeping your skin soft and radiant. Additionally, as a powerful antioxidant, CBD protects and repairs skin cells damaged by factors like sunlight and pollution.
Different Types of CBD Topicals
There are a lot of different types of CBD topicals on the market, and if this is your first venture into the world of CBD, it can be difficult to settle on something that will work for you. Here’s a quick rundown of the options that are currently available.
CBD Soaps & Washes
CBD soap is the latest CBD-infused topical product to hit the market. Using CBD soap promotes skin wellness and can help those battling from eczema and both facial and body acne. Since CBD reduces inflammation and doesn’t irritate the skin, you might want to consider using these soaps as the basis of your skin care regime. Additionally, some CBD soaps can be used to remove makeup and even wash your hair so you’re actually getting a 3-in-1 product!
Try out Kind Hemp’s CBD soap today, and see why hundreds of our customers swear by it. It’s gentle on the skin, quickly and thoroughly removes dead skin cells and dirt, and leaves behind radiant and fresh-looking skin!
CBD Salves and Ointments
CBD ointments are typically made with waxes and oils so that they are easier to apply and have some substance that can be worked with. This means that they are not as easily absorbed by the skin as is the case with creams and lotions. The effect on the targeted area usually lasts longer because of this.
If you’re looking for extended relief, you will find it with CBD salves. Additionally, these salves contain other essential oils that reduce inflammation and relieve pain, which could mean that you’re able to treat your symptoms faster and without using over the counter medication.
For relief that lasts and is targeted, it’s best to use ointments. The best way to do it is to apply a very small amount to a targeted area and to rub it in. You can expect it to last for several hours (sometimes 6) and it’s easy to reapply as needed.
Kind Hemp’s CBD salve contains sunflower oil, rosemary oil, olive oil, and beeswax, all mixed together by professionals to create a top-shelf skin care product. This is a full spectrum oil salve with 1000mg of CBD (and less than 0.3% of THC) specially formulated to relieve pain and inflammation!
CBD Creams and Lotions
Like most other creams and lotions, those with CBD are also a combination of water and oil. Their purpose is to hydrate the skin and protect it from losing excessive amounts of moisture. However, most CBD creams and lotions also contain additional oils which are there to add additional layer of protection and soothing.
If you’re using CBD lotions every day, you can expect soft and glistening skin since they are potent moisturizers. Add benefits, of course, are pain relief and anti-inflammatory effects, which will last anywhere between 4 and 6 hours.
CBD Facial Oils and Serums
People with dry facial skin should consider using CBD serums and other products that were formulated for the sensitive skin of the face. These provide intense hydration by creating a protective barrier, with oils preventing moisture from evaporating. Since CBD is fat-soluble, natural oils contained in most of these serums help with cannabinoid delivery and absorption into the skin.
Transdermal CBD Patches
Transdermal CBD patches are ideal for those people who need a steady trickle of CBD going into their organism but don’t want to deal with tablets, vaping, or tinctures. Transdermal patches are also favored by CBD users looking for continuous CBD absorption in a specific area of their body.
These patches are easy to apply – just stick them on your skin and let them do their thing. They can last anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. Usually, the concentration of CBD in a transdermal patch is high so they are not recommended to people who are just starting out with their CBD therapy.
CBD Bath Bombs
One of the more novel ideas in the arena of CBD topicals are CBD bath bombs. These are bath bombs infused with CBD to provide a whole-body experience – when used in a bathtub, the CBD disperses and is absorbed by the skin.
This is a cool idea but not very practical – and certainly a waste of CBD. CBD is hydrophobic, which means it doesn’t combine with water but floats, like oil does, so it’s difficult to get a proper dispersion with a bath bomb. Even if you can, the concentration of the content in the balm is quickly diluted in the bath and it’s questionable how much of the active ingredients in the extract are actually making it into the skin.
How to Use CBD Topicals
Before buying and using CBD topical products, it’s important that you consult with your doctor or dermatologist. This is because you never know how your skin is going to react to the product, or if you’re maybe on medication that can interact with CBD in an unfavorable way.
If you have sensitive skin, have a chronic skin condition, or are prone to allergies, test a CBD cream before applying it liberally. For example, you could apply a small amount of CBD topical to your elbow or behind your knee to see how the skin reacts. If there’s any itching or redness, immediately rinse the topical with plenty of water and stop using it.
If you want to apply CBD topicals to your face, the best areas to test it would be your forehead or jaw skin. Again, dab a bit of cream on there to see how the skin will react. Continue using the product only if you don’t notice anything strange, such as irritation, redness, dryness, or a hive.
Use Only the Best – Kind Hemp CBD Topicals and Balms
A lot of CBD topicals on the market do not pass even a casual test – they don’t contain enough CBD in them or they do contain certain chemicals that are not healthy for your skin. Because of that, it’s important that you check the quality of the product that you’re using by considering the following things:
- Select a high-quality product – buy from trusted sellers that are using high-quality hemp that was not treated with pesticides. Make sure that the amount of CBD is specified – look for high-potency products that have the exact milligram value on them.
- Ask for certificate of analysis – a lot of CBD products are not regulated right now, so it is important that you know who you’re buying from. Make sure that your online shop provides you with a Certificate of Analysis so that you know that it’s been tested by a third party.
- Avoid harmful ingredients – you definitely want to skip those CBD topicals that contain alcohol or artificial additives. Both can irritate your skin and flare up certain skin conditions. Also, sometimes they can trigger allergic reactions, or contain parabens that are known to cause an array of health problems.
If you have any questions about CBD topicals, make sure to drop us a line here at Kind Hemp. Our customer success specialists will be happy to talk to you, and help you find the best CBD treatment for your symptoms!