Welcome to our CBD edibles page, where you will find top-shelf CBD gummies and other CBD snacks. These products are 100% cruelty-free and vegan-friendly, and they don’t contain any THC so you won’t get high when eating them. Our CBD gummies, drinks, candy, and pills are infused with broad-spectrum CBD oil, which means you get all the benefits of different cannabinoids and terpenes working together to alleviate your symptoms and improve your health. Each jar contains 30 individual candies (with 25mg CBD each) – we ship to all 50 states and guarantee 100% satisfaction!
CBD Edibles – All You Ever Wanted to Know About CBD Gummies, CBD Snacks, and CBD Drinks
In the space of a few years, we’ve witnessed an explosion of CBD products on the market. From CBD tinctures and capsules to CBD vape cartridges and topicals, people looking to try out this near-magic natural product now have a boatload of options. One of those options are CBD edibles – products that you can snack on during the day that are infused with CBD’s healing properties. If you ever wondered what CBD snacks are, how they are made, and if you’d benefit from using them, you’re in the right place – we answer all those questions in this post so dig in!
What Are CBD Edibles?
This is an easy one – CBD edibles are an edible form of cannabidiol. In this form, CBD does not require any fire or heat to be activated (like it does when you’re smoking or vaping), which is why a lot of people prefer edibles when medicating.
Another reason why these CBD products are getting to be so popular is that they taste great. A lot of manufacturers go through a lot of trouble coming up with formulations that are a great alternative to everyday candy but also pack all the health benefits of CBD.
Our Kind Hemp CBD Gummies are one such product – made from hemp-sourced CBD oil, and completely vegetarian, these gummies are sweetened with organic brown rice syrup and organic sugar cane (zero artificial sweeteners). With 30 pieces of CBD gummies in the jar (each at 25mg CBD), these babies can last you a month so make sure to order your batch today!
What Types of CBD Edibles Exist?
Manufacturers and users can get really creative when it comes to CBD edibles. Unlike topicals and tinctures, the purpose of which is to get CBD into your bloodstream, CBD edibles benefit from additional flavors, which makes them a more popular choice. There are plenty of CBD candy options on the market so you can always pick what makes the most sense for you.
Here are just a few of those options:
CBD gummies are a fun way to take your daily dose of CBD. Usually, they come in the form of gummy worms or bears, which can make them more enticing to younger users (only after consultation with a medical professional). These gummies are often fruit-flavored but there are other options on the market. Once they hit your stomach, they release CBD slowly and are effective for a longer period of time.
It’s easy for manufacturers to infuse different types of chocolate with CBD – the substance is added to the cocoa mix and then allowed to set and harden. You can choose between different flavors – dark chocolate, white chocolate, nougat – and enjoy your favorite treat spiced up with a bit of healthy CBD action.
CBD Hard Candy & Lozenges
There’s a case to be made for using CBD hard candy, especially if you’re doing it to treat some oral symptoms, such as your teeth or throat. CBD hard candy starts releasing CBD while still in the mouth so you get a topical effect in the area that you’re trying to treat. Like all other CBD edibles, though, CBD candy eventually ends up in your stomach and takes a while to get fully digested.
CBD-infused drinks abound, with the most popular ones being tea and coffee. However, you can find a CBD version of pretty much any bottled drink, including water, sparkled water, juice, energy drinks, and alcohol.
Technically, CBD pills and capsules are also edibles, as they are ingested. However, we don’t really count them in this group because of two reasons: a) they don’t have any flavor – they are a means to an end, that end being easily taking larger doses of CBD; and b) they are digested more readily and act faster than other edibles as they usually don’t contain anything else besides CBD isolate.
How Are CBD Snacks Made?
When creating CBD edibles, manufacturers start with two things:
- a CBD powder or oil of their chosen potency (this can be full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, of CBD isolate), and
- the ingredients for the type of edible that they are making (these can be ingredients for cakes, cookies, gummies, drinks, or any of the other CBD edibles).
Most manufacturers go with broad-spectrum CBD when making CBD edibles. Broad-spectrum oils contain all the cannabinoids and terpenes from the hemp or marijuana plants, which helps trigger the so-called entourage effect where all those compounds complement each other’s effects. The only cannabinoid that’s removed from broad-spectrum CBD is THC, as it is psychoactive and therefore illegal in the United States.
Once CBD oil is ready, it’s just a question of choosing the other ingredients and mixing it all up.
Of course, you can make CBD-infused edibles at home, as well. What you need is high-quality oil purchased from a reputable manufacturer, some cooking experience, and a bit of patience. If you decide to take this route, keep in mind that CBD works best in recipes with fat in them so you will get a better bang for your buck if you decide to make cookies that are rich in butter, for example.
How Long Does It Take For CBD Edibles to Work?
If you’re just starting with CBD edibles, you will quickly notice that they are a bit different than tinctures,or even CBD vapes. While the effects are the same, CBD edibles do take a bit longer to work, and that takes some getting used to.
In its edible form, CBD can take some time to start working (usually, the average is about an hour). However, this will vary from person to person, and it depends on several factors – from how much you weigh to how active you were that day (and what you had for lunch that day). Vaping CBD will have the quickest effect (and increases the bioavailability of CBD) but there are cases when medicating with CBD edibles makes more sense.
For example, if you suffer from prolonged anxiety or depression, or persistent joint pain due to inflammation, you might want to consider making CBD edibles your primary method of self-medication. That’s because these chronic conditions benefit from the slow release of CBD that’s associated with edibles. On the other hand, if you suffer from acute symptoms, such as sharp pain that comes and goes, or anxiety attacks, you want something that acts fast. In that case, we recommend medicating with CBD vapes or tinctures.
Are CBD Edibles Legal?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to answer this question in a clear manner, at least when we’re talking about the United States.
Technically, all CBD products are legal as long as they contain less than 0.3% of THC in them. This means that hemp-derived CBD should be fine since that variety doesn’t have naturally high THC levels. At the Kind Hemp, we make sure that all of our products are made from Colorado-sourced organic hemp so you can rest easy knowing that our products are 100% legal in all of the states.
That said, not all manufacturers abide by this. That’s why you should always purchase your CBD products from vetted manufacturers – the ones that have been on the market for a long time, and can prove their compliance by providing third-party certificates.
8 Surprising Benefits of CBD Edibles
- Get long-lasting relief from CBD – it’s true that it takes longer for CBD edibles to start working (30 minutes to two hours) but it’s also true that the effect lasts longer than inhalation or tinctures. With edibles, CBD is combined with other ingredients so the release is slower because food takes time to get digested. The relief from CBD edibles can last up to two hours longer than the one achieved with inhalation or topical application.
- CBD is not psychoactive– well, in a sense, it is psychoactive because it has the ability to soothe and calm the nerves but it doesn’t produce a high. This means that you can function normally while under the influence of CBD, which cannot be said if you’re using THC products.
- CBD regulates THC – numerous studies have shown that a healthy dose of CBD can help counterbalance the psychoactive effects of THC. If you want to enjoy a slight buzz but don’t want it to go overboard, we suggest snacking on CBD edibles as you light up your spliff.
- CBD edibles and CBD gummies are practical – in some cases, carrying around a vape or a creme can be impractical. CBD gummies, on the other hand, are easy to pack and carry around, and they are super convenient.
- CBD can be well tolerated – while there is some risk of CBD side-effects if you take a large enough dose, these are minimal and not life threatening. We’re talking about slight nausea and dry mouth here but nothing more serious. You cannot overdose on CBD edibles as you can on the ones containing pure THC.
- It’s easy to dose CBD gummies and snacks – vaping CBD can make it difficult to figure out how much of it you’re getting with each puff. However, when it comes to edibles, you get pre-dosed servings so you always know exactly how much you’re ingesting.
- CBD edibles don’t cause lung irritation – CBD vapes are popular because it’s easy to use them and they act fast. However, not everyone will be able to use them, especially people with lung problems. CBD edibles are a great alternative here as they offer a way to avoid lung irritation while having the same beneficial effect.
If you were in any doubt regarding CBD edibles and CBD drinks, this write-up should clear those doubts right up. Edibles are a safe, efficient way of medicating with CBD, and they can even make more sense for certain symptoms, such as chronic inflammation, anxiety or depression. In case you have any questions regarding the Kind Hemp CBD gummies, make sure to contact us today and we’ll gladly answer all of them! In the meantime, order your dose of CBD gummies today and enjoy this delicious and healthy treat!